Monday, June 20, 2011

6 Days in a row, now a day off

Man, six days in a row every week is no joke. Even if you only work 4 hours a day. There is so much physical labor involved in cleaning, it does take it's toll. And the last damn thing I want to do is clean when I get home or on my day off.
So today at work was typical.
Except, I didn't have that many rooms, whereas we have been cleaning about 17 to 20 plus rooms a day at the goal rate of 20 minutes a room, today we had 12 rooms.
But what happened yesterday, I got to the end of my list and she came and added another room on my list. Which is OK, I know I am a good worker, but damn just because I am a good worker doesn't mean I like to work hard.
The baseball teams are back, which is OK because they stay for a few days, let me look at their hot bods and the best part they don't want service but when they leave, whoppers. Chew spit, dirty socks and old beer, thats what the room smells like.
Sorry to get so gross but this is one of the nastiest jobs on Earth, for real. Eight bucks an hour ain't shit. And believe me this blog is going to get more gross.
But, I put myself here and this is how I am trying to be a role model for my kids. Show them I am not scared of hard work. I am not scared of starting over and from the bottom. I will one day float again.
Just first, I need to make the beds, one at a time, four pillows each.....

Song for the day
Float On Modest Mouse



From the One who puts the hospital corners in the bed
your Housekeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment