Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why, Yet Another Venue??

I am not new to blogging or writing whatsoever. In fact, I more than likely won't even link this blog to any of my other social networks or blogs. I just want to write about my job.
So, I'm a housekeeper. I work in a hotel that is not a high class ritzy hotel but we do offer a pretty good continental breakfast and have a microwave and fridge in each room. In a way, I am glad we are not that fancy pants. But we do have 4 pillows on each bed, which is freakin ridiculous if you ask me. I think 4 pillows on each bed encourages parties and people passing out on the floor. Maybe, that's just my mentality from having been a drinker, though I never really partied in a hotel room. Except for one time with my brother and three of his friends back in the day when we used to work in the bar. And we just passed out there. When I think back to that time we passed out in the hotel, there was 5 of us. Me, My bro, Mikey, Sal, and Nate. We had so much fun drinking after hours in the bar we worked at, taking pictures that would later be confiscated by the cops and used later in my brother's trial. Now I look at all of us. I'm on federal paper, Nate is paralyzed from a drunken driving accident, Sal is in prison, Mikey was shot in the back of the head after a pow wow, my brother was already indicted and tried for his case, which he won. (All of our tragedies unrelated to one anothers.)
Four out of five of us proved the statistics people right for Native American youth to end up either dead, paralyzed, or incarcerated, by the age of 40. I was thinking about that today when I was cleaning rooms. I was trying to remember if we trashed the room, but we only slept there.
I think all kinds of deep thoughts when I clean rooms, which is why I did this blog. So welcome to my other blog, this is all the shit I think about when cleaning other people's shit.


If I could link a song here, which I will later it will be one I know we all partied to that night "No Diggity" by Blackstreet


Thank You,
From the one who puts the mints on your pillow
Your Housekeeper

2 comments: