Thursday, June 23, 2011

I almost quit today

Well, I contemplate quitting everyday.
But today was a doozer. Our "assistant head housekeeper" who is 24 and LOVES her little bit of authority. Anyway all day I cursed her under my breath. Out loud in my mind as I snapped sheets, whipped pillowcases around and scrubbed the hell out of the tubs. I hated her. How could she not go with the plan, which was have the new girl do our beds, we would get done and all of us work on the rooms the baseball team checked out of late. That was the plan, but NO-Little Miss Authority had to do it her way and then what happened? Everyone was late finishing up, people had to leave to catch buses and go to other jobs.
And in the end, I was left.
With her.
Are you leaving?
She asked me looking all defeated, she was the only one left besides me with another 17 rooms.
I thought about how nice a hot bath or shower would feel.
How I could read or watch TV.
No, I'll stay. I said.
I took a deep breath and continued with my 20th plus room of the day.
I finished at 8:20pm.
As I walked out, over ten hours after I went in to work I could hear people in their rooms getting the rooms all dirty that I had just scrubbed, washed, shined, and made brand new looking hours earlier.
I punched out and wondered why I even stayed when all day all she did was piss me off.
I must still have a soft spot in my heart, eh?
Even when I don't want to.
Here's a song I listened to today while cleaning, the boys made me a playlist.


Thanks to blogger for my vent
From the sheet snapper
Your housekeeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment